Redlands City Council agenda: Sept. 2, 2025
Agenda includes a $1.49M sewer pipeline project, in-kind support for fall events and three new ballot boxes.
Police say an 18-year-old woman was taken into custody on suspicion of attempted murder after a shooting left a 16-year-old boy hospitalized.
REDLANDS, Calif. — An 18-year-old Fontana woman was arrested Wednesday in connection with a drive-by shooting last week in Redlands that left a 16-year-old boy hospitalized, police said.
Rebecca Marie Garcia was booked on suspicion of attempted murder after Redlands detectives and a SWAT team served a search warrant at her home in the 8600 block of Tamarind Avenue, according to a police news release Thursday.
The shooting occurred shortly after 8:30 p.m. Aug. 23 on Orange Street south of West Brockton Avenue. Witnesses told police a silver Honda sedan made a U-turn, pulled up beside the victim and the driver called out to him before firing a single shot and fleeing north on Orange Street.
The teen called a family member, who then called police and stayed with him until officers arrived. He was bleeding heavily from a gunshot wound to the lower leg, police said. An officer applied a tourniquet before paramedics arrived, and the victim was taken to a hospital where he underwent emergency surgery.
Before surgery, the victim identified the shooter as a woman he knew only as “Becca.” Police later confirmed Garcia as the suspect. A spent 9mm cartridge was recovered at the scene.
Detectives conducted surveillance of Garcia’s residence before serving the search warrant Wednesday. She was arrested and booked into the Central Detention Center in San Bernardino, where she is being held without bail.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter